Birdie in the Tree

I don’t have a very good photo lens.  So, I’m surprised I was able to capture this bird at all.   He was high up in the tree that was quite a distance from me.  I spotted him because he was chatting away with excitement.   Just like the people walking around, I think he must have been excited about all the snow.

Does anyone know what kind of bird this is?  It’s my first time seeing one like this.

Paz

Share and Enjoy!

10 Responses

1. Beautiful photos, Paz!
    Sorry… I haven’t any idea…

February 14, 2013 at 6:01 pm

• Thank you, Sonia, that’s okay! :-)
      Paz

February 17, 2013 at 2:08 pm

2. Joann UNITED STATES

Hi Paz, it’s been awhile! Looks like a jay of some sort.

February 16, 2013 at 9:59 am

3. I like this picture, what a beautiful shade of blue!

February 17, 2013 at 11:35 pm

• Paz UNITED STATES

Thanks, Pietro!

Paz :-)

February 18, 2013 at 1:38 pm

4. …these pictures…
    The second one has appeared only now on my screen.

February 17, 2013 at 11:39 pm

• Paz UNITED STATES

Pietro: I’m glad the photo finally appeared. I’m not sure why it took so long. Thanks for stopping by!

Paz

February 18, 2013 at 1:39 pm

5. Hi Paz,
    Yeah, I agree–looks like the size and color of a bluejay. If it was half the size and gray intead of blue, it would be a titmouse. Jays like to mimic other birds’ sounds. They don’t have the repertoire of a mockingbird, but they can fool you into thinking they’re a hawk to chase competition from the bird feeders. The titmouse is busier and the chatter is higher pitched. Jays will bombard humans, too. A titmouse is far more social and will sit beside you and tell you about every second of their days.

February 19, 2013 at 9:05 am

6. Paz UNITED STATES

Hi Helen: Thanks for the confirmation. How very interesting aobut the jay and their ability to mimic other bird sounds. Fascinating! I think I’d love to meet a titmouse. I wonder if they exist in the city? Hmmm….

Paz